Monday, August 26, 2019

Week 2 Reading Overview (2.1)


I am really excited for these readings!

As I was searching through the UnTextbook, I found myself liking continuous stories and Greek mythology. Greek mythology is fascinating to me and I am eager to learn more about it. The other type of readings I selected were specific to a region. I lack cultural knowledge of places such as China, Nigeria, Russia, and etc. This is a great opportunity for me to discover new styles and themes of readings along with expanding my knowledge of the world. I found several readings I was excited to read that I did not list too, especially in the biblical and classical unit and the Middle Eastern and Indian unit. Concerning the style, I enjoy there being a single long story instead of several small readings. I think it will be easier for me to focus and stay attentive if I can get lost in a story rather than switching around and being distracted by how many readings are left. Children's stories also appeal to me, along with readings that have an easy to understand language. With that said, I may surprise myself so I put in different types of readings. You can check out the readings I initially found the most interesting below!

(Cupid and Psyche: by Creative Commons)


My Reading Plan: 

Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.
Week 3: _Cupid and Psyche___
Week 4: _Aesope (winter)____

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: _Ancient Egypt________
Week 6: _The Life of Buddha________

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]
Week 7: _Nigeria________
Week 9: _China________

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.
Week 10: __Alaska_______
Week 11: __Inuit_____

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: _Beowulf________
Week 13: __Faerie Queen_______

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.
Week 14: _Russian________
Week 15: _Librivox________








No comments:

Post a Comment