Friday, August 23, 2019

Time Strategies

Time management for me will be critical this semester. I prefer to get ahead in my online classes so once finals role around I am not as stressed. Over the past few years I have been living out of an agenda. I have to write things down and get organized. The later part of my week will always get pretty hectic with traveling, other homework, and a busier (or should I say I am prioritized on my) class schedule. By being aware of this, I hope to be able to focus on this class earlier in the week and on the weekends. With that said, I also want to work ahead, so my exact schedule isn't set in stone. My strategy will be to plan my week on Saturday or Sunday, leave time for workouts and house work, get a majority of work done in the afternoon and morning, and set productivity goals each week.

I read The Myth of "Too Busy" and Realistic Study Plans. Both of these articles were useful, and I actually sent them to a few of my friends who always complain about being too busy. The main thing I have learned from these two articles is why I should take control of my schedule. I knew how, but the ability to understand how critical being in control is for stress and organization was emphasized greatly. It was also mind opening to think about how much time we waste on social media. On iPhone there is a setting that tells you how much time you spend on social media, productivity, and etc. I try to keep an eye on this time and get it as low as I can, but it is shocking how large the number of hours is. This is my biggest time challenge. If I could get back the time I spend on my phone, I would be able to achieve a lot more.

(Picture from Learning by HEART: by Dan Regan)



No comments:

Post a Comment