Thursday, October 24, 2019

Week 10 Lab

Hey there! 

So this week I went ahead and explored writers write. I love exploring that website and finding awesome and beneficial readings. Since I am writing a storybook for children I really try to focus my attention on article centered around how to write for kids. 

Lets start with the 

Do Your Characters Have SMART Story Goals?

This one was great to check Vela in my storybook. She kinda acts as my main character/ narrator. It is also good to check each main character in each sub story. Here is the condensed checklist!

My Main Character Has A....
  • Specific Goal: define the goal using these 5 Ws...
    • Who?
    • What?
    • Where?
    • When ?
    • Why?
  • Measurable Plan: we can measure their success or failure if we know... 
    • How they will achieve goal/ execute the plan?
  • Attainable Goal: its gotta be realistic...
    • Does your character have the resources?
    • Does your character have the ability?
  • Relevant Goal: does the goal make sense...
    • Will my character grow/benefit ?
    • Is my character motivated?
  • Time-bound: create tension and urgency 
    • Will my reader feel a need to keep reading?

The other article I really want to save and utilize is the 

140 Words To Describe Mood In Fiction

I'm not going to write all 140 words out, but please use the link to explore some great descriptive words for mood! Mood is what the reader FEELS. 

If you have any suggestions for articles to read, please leave them in the comments. There are some pretty great articles on the writers write website!

(Mindset Cat from Feedback Cats)



No comments:

Post a Comment