Friday, November 8, 2019

Story Lab: Twine

(My Exact Reaction: made with Cheeseburger)

Hey guys! I made my first TWINE!!!

If you have read a few of my more personal goal post you may know that I have wanted to do this for a while. I finally did it! It is easier than I thought, but also not super simple. If I had to suggest something it would be to test the story every few slides. I wrote my whole story and put the caption in the wrong place. I put it as a tag soooooo don't do that haha.

Overall, it was so much fun. I won't be using it again most likely, but it was pretty cool. I still don't know how to save the file, so I will include a link, but I don't know if it works. The Twine is based of off the story called The Stars in the Sky by Joseph Jacobs. Basically in the story a girl goes on a round robin adventure to find the stars. In the end it is just a dream, but you don't know till the last moment. I used this exact plot in the my twine, except I cut the adventure down a bit. I didn't want to get too carried away with my first twine in case I messed up! If you want to read the original here is the
 link!

Click Here to Play



3 comments:

  1. Hey Camille! Unfortunately, you have to export the file and upload it onto a site in order for it to save. Professor Gibbs has a really detailed set of instructions on how to do it (somewhere, lol). When I click your link, it just takes me to the regular Twine website, not to your story. I know that it's frustrating! I made my Storybook project all on Twine and it took me a minute to figure everything out, but at the end of the day it is such a cool software and I think I'll be using it a lot in the future!

    - Cate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Camille! I think it is great that you experimented with Twine. I have yet to do so, but I am really wanting to try it out! Like Cate said, the link provided directed me to the Twine website and not your particular story. I would really love to come back later and give it a read because the original story sounds intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Camille!

    I am very excited that you decided to work with Twine this week for your story. It is an extremely powerful tool that allows you to share more effective stories. I have not yet had the opportunity to work with Twine, but I would really like to! As previous comments have mentioned, the link you provided is not quite working right. I would love to come back and check it out if I can!

    ReplyDelete